Return to: Nursing (ADN) (NURS), A.A.S.
- Graduate from an accredited high school or possess a General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- Meet the general enrollment requirements of Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC) and the requirements for Health Sciences students.
- Submit all official transcripts (including high school and all regionally accredited institutions) to the Student Records Office no later than two (2) weeks prior to the admission deadline. Transcripts must be received by May 15 or August 15.
- Meet one of the following three entry options.
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 500 (Evidenced Based Reading and Writing) and 530 Math and placement into BIO 210 , ENG 101 , and MAT 110 or MAT 120 .
- The American College Test (ACT): 22 composite and placement into BIO 210 , ENG 101 , and MAT 110 or MAT 120 .
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS): “Proficient”, “Advanced” or “Exemplary” and completion of 17 credit hours (BIO 210 , BIO 211 , ENG 101 , MAT 110 or MAT 120 , and PSY 201 ) with a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale). No grade may be lower than a “C”.
Combining test scores (SAT, ACT, or TEAS) from different dates is not allowed. Test scores older than five (5) years are not accepted. Version 5.0 of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) may be substituted for TEAS. There will be a 30 day wait period between testing. The TEAS test may be taken twice in a calendar year, (January 1-December 31). Applicant may take the TEAS test no more than four (4) times.
The general education courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher. Grades from all institutions are subject to this policy.
Credit awarded as “E” to a student through advanced standing will not be calculated in the admission program GPA.
The applicant will be ranked based upon scoring on the SAT, ACT or TEAS entry option. Credit will be given for CNA and CMA Certification.
Meeting the criteria does not guarantee admission to the program.