Return to: Medical Assisting (MASG)
Failure to meet progression standards results in suspension from the program.
• After admission, students must maintain a minimum 2.0 program GPA on program curriculum courses at Central Carolina Technical College in order to progress.
• Must earn a minimum of a “C” or higher in each required curriculum course for the program. Students may retake courses completed with less than a “C” one time only.
• Must successfully complete all components of a course (theory, clinical, drug calculation proficiency) in order to pass the course. Students who fail to complete a component will receive a grade of “F” for the course regardless of the time in the semester and are not eligible to receive a “W” or “WA” through the withdrawal process.
• Students must complete all course requirements within two years of starting date of first clinical course (MED 114 ).
• Students are limited to two attempts at successful completion of the medical assistant program. A withdrawal “W”, “WA” or “WF” constitutes an attempt at a MED course and will count as one attempt to complete the program.
• Students must maintain current BLS (Basic Life Support - Provider) and annual tuberculin skin test (TST) to remain in the program.