College-Wide General Education Outcomes
Graduates of an associate degree from Central Carolina Technical College will:
- Effectively communicate information, ideas, and/or arguments appropriate to the audience and purpose.
- Utilize appropriate mathematical and statistical methods to interpret data and solve problems.
- Locate, evaluate, and use information from diverse and credible sources in an effective and ethical manner.
It is the responsibility of each student to meet the graduation/program completion requirements of the College in their particular program of study and to maintain at least the minimum required grade point average. Academic advisors will guide students, but the final responsibility for program completion/graduation belongs to the student. To graduate from a program and receive a degree, diploma, or certificate, a student must:
- Complete a core of general education courses as follows:
- The core for associate degree programs (at least 15 semester hours) must include at least one course from each of the following areas: the humanities/fine arts, the social/behavioral sciences, and the natural sciences/mathematics and provide components designed to ensure competence in reading, writing, oral communication, and fundamental mathematical skills
- The core for diploma programs (at least 8 semester hours) is designed to develop communication, computational, behavioral, and social science skills appropriate to the occupational purpose of the program.
- Complete all required courses for the curriculum program, including electives.
- Demonstrate achievement of program outcomes.
- Earn a program GPA (grade-point average) of 2.0 for all curriculum work in the program in which the student is graduating.
- Meet the program residency requirement by completing at least 25% of the required courses at Central Carolina Technical College. Some programs have more stringent residency requirements.
- Fulfill all financial obligations, including all fees and the return of all books and materials to the Library.
- Submit a Graduation Application in myCCTC.
Students must complete curriculum requirements as stated in the College catalog in effect at the time of their enrollment or at the time of their most recent curriculum change. Students who discontinue their enrollment for a period of one year or longer must meet the requirements of the program at the time of their re-entry.
The graduation ceremony is held annually at the conclusion of the Spring semester. Graduation regalia and invitations may be ordered through the College’s Bookstore or online at http://bookstore.cctech.edu. (Graduation Items “Quick Link”) The College encourages students to participate in the graduation ceremony and to invite family and guests. The date for the 2023-2024 graduation ceremony is Friday, May 3, 2024, at the Sumter County Civic Center.
- President’s List - Students who are enrolled in at least 12 semester credit hours and who achieve a 4.0 grade-point-average for the semester will be placed on the President’s List.
- President’s List for Part-Time Students - Students who are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours but no more than 11 semester credit hours and who achieve a 4.0 grade-point-average for the semester will be placed on the President’s List for Part-time Students.
- Dean’s List - Students who are enrolled in at least 12 semester credit hours and who achieve at least a 3.5 grade-point average for the semester will be placed on the Dean’s List.
- Dean’s List for Part-Time Students - Students who are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, but no more than 11 credit hours, and achieve at least a 3.5 grade-point average for the semester will be placed on the Dean’s List for Part-time Students.
Students who graduate with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) within the scale listed below will be recognized during the annual graduation ceremony. Honor graduates will wear gold cord, will have an honor seal affixed to their diploma and will have their honor designation published in the graduation program providing all graduation requirements have been met.
- Students achieving a cumulative GPA of 3.500 to 3.699 will be designated at graduation “Cum Laude.”
- Students achieving a cumulative GPA of 3.700 to 3.899 will be designated at graduation “Magna Cum Laude.”
- Students achieving a cumulative GPA of 3.900 to 4.0 will be designated at graduation “Summa Cum Laude.”
CCTC Academic Transcripts
- Official academic transcripts must be ordered online at www.parchment.com. Transcripts are $10.00 plus applicable mailing fees.
- Unofficial transcripts can be printed at no cost from myCCTC.
- Transcripts are not released for students who have a financial obligation to the College.